2016 Cardiff Kook Run
5K, 10K &
- About the race
- The Cardiff Kook Run 5K, 10K and Costume Contest is a celebration of the greatest community in the most amazing town on the map – and remember, it’s on Super Bowl Sunday!
- The course starts under the world famous “Encinitas” sign on historic HWY 101 in beautiful Encinitas, California. This scenic loop passes by the famous “Cardiff Kook” statue (The Magic Carpet Ride), rises above some of the most popular surf breaks in the world and heads down to Cardiff State Beach.
- Race Map
- LISI Elite 10K Race
- Start Time
The Cardiff Kook Run is the idea of Steve Lebherz and Seth Brewer, two locals who have been running this particular route for 15 years. They always said,
“Everybody should see this!”
Now everybody can.
Locals, kids, adults, serious runners and kooks alike are invited to run– for life, for community, for a really fun time.
Packet pick up
We strongly encourage you to pick up your bib and race shirt at Road Runner Sports either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday as race day will be quite crowded.
Cardiff Kook Run Packet Pick Up (BIBS/CHIPS & CKR soft cotton T-shirt)
- Road Runner Sports, 5617 Paseo Del Norte Carlsbad, CA
- Thursday, Feb. 4th from 2-7 pm
Friday, Feb. 5th from 2-7 pm
Saturday Feb. 6th from 12-7 pm
Road Runner Sports will provide 10% off merchandise for all CKR participants.
Elite 10K racing information
Men / Women
Men / Women
Men / Women
Bonus for setting new course record
Age Group awards for:
- 18 – 21,
- 22 – 25,
- 26 – 30,
- 31 – 35,
- 36 – 40,
- 41 – 45,
- 46 – 50,
- 51 – 55,
- 56 – 60,
- 61 – 65,
- 66 – 70,
- 75 and up
Costume contest Information
1st, 2nd, 3rd place awards
Individual and Group
Cardiff Kook Costume Contest
- Costume participants need to register at the Costume Contest Registration table by 8:00am
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three costume participants who best display the spirit of the annual Cardiff Kook
- The costume award ceremony immediately follows the 5k race
- Race completion times have no bearing on costume contest results
- Normal running attire is not considered a costume
- Participants must be present at awards ceremony to receive award
Are you interested in volunteering?
Please fill out the following form and someone from our team will reach out to you.
CKR is proud to donate generous portions of proceeds to The Epilepsy Foundation of San Diego County which works to improve the quality of life for those with seizure disorders.
Additionally, we continue to support the effort of preserving and enhancing the “Magic Carpet Ride” plaza in beautiful Cardiff-by-the Sea, California.
The annual Cardiff Kook Run 10K & 5K is a celebration of the greatest town on the map – on the greatest day of the year, Super Bowl Sunday. The scenic loop starts and finishes under the famous “Encinitas” sign, passes by the Cardiff Kook statue on Coast HWY 101, rises above some of the most popular surf breaks in San Diego and then make its way down to Cardiff State Beach. Then you get to experience it all again on your way back.
Please complete the form below if you would like to get in contact with us. Thank you!